A downloadable gravity party game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Gravitas is a local multiplayer "cave flyer" party game, inspired by Thrust on the C64, Gravity Force on the Amiga and Star Control 2 on the PC!
It is out now for PC, Mac and Linux!
- Single player mode to retrieve "urchins" from subterranean depths in the style of Thrust on the Commodore 64!
- Two player head-to-head races around tightly looping cave systems.
- Four player split-screen spelunking dogfights in the style of "Gravity Force" on the Amiga!
- Two-vs-two football in orbit. Can you get the moon into your team's goal?
- Four player melee battles in deep space, in the style of "Star Control 2" on the PC!
- Launch bombs and detonate them with the push of a button.
- Use your shield to "pong" bombs and other projectiles back to enemies and other players, or deploy a grappling hook to grab them to use as a weapon!
- Intuitive keyboard and gamepad controls.
- Mini-map radar.
- Pumping synthwave soundtrack and sound effects :)
- 24 levels of gravity-defying action!
The gamepad controls are fairly intuitive: use the sticks to rotate the ship and its shield, and the face buttons or shoulder buttons for thrust, fire, bomb and grapple. Here are the keyboard controls:
- Rotate ship: A and S
- Thrust: Right Shift
- Fire: Enter
- Grapple: Spacebar
- Shield: Left Shift
- Bomb: CTRL, ALT or Option
- Pause: P
- Exit: ESC
Designed and coded by Kranzky for The Punk Collective.
- Music and SFX by Joel Steudler.
- Interstitial tunes by Ajax Xero.
- Title image by pikisuperstar at freepik.
- GFX by Papadar & Quintini Pixels.
- Special thanks to Popoya, CreativeKind, somepx, mtk.
- Greets to beetlefeet, chr15m and paradroid001!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Sep 17, 2021|
|Author||the punk collective|
|Tags||Flying, Gravity, Local multiplayer, party-game, Physics, Retro|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Player count||1 - 4|
Gravitas is best enjoyed via the Itch App.
- Gravitas Trailer UnleashedDec 31, 2021
- Diary of a Game: Day 111Dec 24, 2021
- Diary of a Game: Day 61Nov 02, 2021
- Diary of a Game: Day 54Oct 25, 2021
- Diary of a Game: Day 51Oct 22, 2021
- Diary of a Game: Day 21Sep 21, 2021
- Diary of a Game: Day 13Sep 13, 2021
- Diary of a Game: Day 10Sep 10, 2021